Looking at your list of schools you've applied to and thinking you'd like to add one more? If you've been considering Siena, now's the time to submit your application—our regular admissions deadline is right around the corner on March 15. Check out these quick tips to get a quality application in on time.
1. Choose the application that's right for you. You can choose to apply to Siena using our online FastForward app (which is fairly quick to get through once you have the necessary materials), or you can apply using the Common App.
2. Submit a graded paper instead of an essay, or skip the essay portion altogether. If you have a paper you're proud of from an English or history course you took in high school, you can send that in instead of drafting an original personal statement. Or, if you feel like your application is stellar enough without a written component, skip the essay; this year, we made it optional.
3. Enlist help proofreading everything. Ask a friend or family member to sit by your screen and take a look at each page before you hit submit. It's amazing what a fresh pair of eyes can pick up when it comes to typos or silly grammar mistakes! If you have a little more time to spend on proofing, you can also run through these tips here.
4. Don't stress about sending in your SAT score. Siena is a test-optional school, which means you more than likely don't have to send your test scores in with your application—making it an even quicker process from start to finish. Learn more about our policy in this blog post, What Does Test-Optional Really Mean?
5. Connect with us. If you have any questions about the application as you go through it, don't hesitate to reach out. Clarifying anything regarding our application is one of the many things we are more than happy to help you with, so don't waste any time wondering if it's okay to connect with us. Email or call your dedicated counselor at any time.
Get your application in by March 15, and we'll notify you with a decision soon after. Good luck, and thank you for considering Siena!